The Pros and Cons of Same-Day Implants
When you lose a tooth, you may want to have it replaced quickly and effectively. Advancements in dental technology have made this possible by providing same-day dental implants. They are the fastest and most convenient way to get a perfect smile after tooth loss. Read on for more about these one-day dental implants in Ajax, ON.
What Are Same-Day Dental Implants?
They are dental restorations that allow the dentist to place an implant and artificial teeth after an extraction. People with dental issues facing an extraction can fill the gap instantly. Same-day dental implants are suitable for replacing a tooth or multiple teeth.
They are different from traditional implants since they are placed immediately after extraction. You do not have to wait three to six months for your new smile as you would with conventional implants. Same-day implant technology enables you to leave the dental office with a full set of beautiful teeth in a single visit.
Are Same-Day Dental Implants Ideal for You?
Same-day dental implants may not suit every patient who wants to restore their teeth. Your dentist in Ajax, ON, must perform a prior consultation to determine if you are an ideal candidate. Your overall health must be excellent, and you should be a non-smoker to have the procedure. If you smoke, you must quit before the surgery since tobacco interferes with healing.
Unsuitable candidates have gum issues, autoimmune disease, or poor oral hygiene. Additionally, those with bruxism cannot have the procedure. This is because clenching the jaw or grinding the teeth will displace the implants. If you have any of these issues, talk to your dentist and find out if they can address them, then provide the implants.
The Pros of Same-Day Implants
- Same-day dental implants in Ajax, ON, assure you of immediate results. You get the implants the same day you have your unhealthy teeth removed, meaning your smile will improve right away.
- You spend less time at the dentist compared to getting traditional implants. This is because the dentist will place the implants immediately after an extraction. You will only need to see the dentist after six months to ensure successful treatment.
- Although you will not be able to eat everything you want with the new implants, you get immediate dental function. Your speech will not be affected by tooth loss.
- Your smile will appear as natural as possible because the implants are set beneath the gums. The abutments are made from tooth-like materials providing natural aesthetics.
- The implants promote a faster healing time and a shorter duration of treatment. It is because the dentist fills the extraction site with the implants and the gums start growing immediately around it.
- This treatment prevents issues like bone re-absorption, which takes place after tooth loss. Therefore, it reduces the chances of requiring procedures such as bone grafts before implant placement. This saves you time, money, and lengthy recovery periods.
- The restorations are extremely durable if properly cared for by you and the dentist in Ajax, ON. Same-day implants provide a lifetime of great function, health, and aesthetics.
- Same-day implants offer more affordable treatment compared to traditional implants. There are no additional costs once you have the restorations.
The Cons of Same-Day Implants
One disadvantage of same-day implants concerns the immediate restorations. In some practices, they are fabricated before the surgical process. Therefore, they may not look highly aesthetic as they do not resemble the other teeth. Fortunately, the CEREC® system allows for the rapid fabrication of customized restorations. As a result, your smile will look natural and beautiful.
The other risk of same-day implants is implant failure. It occurs if the implant does not fuse correctly with the jaw bone six months after placement. When the patient does not follow recovery guidelines, the implant may shift, leading to problems. Implant failure can also occur if the dentist does not place the implants properly.
You can prevent this risk by getting your same-day implants at KC Dental-Ajax. We have an intensively skilled and technique-sensitive dental team. They will place the posts in a specific way to keep them stable during the healing process. In addition, our team will follow up with you to ensure that you observe the recovery guidelines for a successful treatment.